Butter

is 4.12 a lb here now. Pullhair-vi

03-01-2011 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whoosieme
Uber BoomFoxer

Group: Registered
RE: Butter

I grabbed about 5 packs at 2.50 a lb on special last week at a small mom&pop store by me.....figure thats the last time ill ever see butter that cheap again. I usually buy it fresh from the Amish but they are soooooo into making $$$$ that im sure they know to mark it up to compete with the major stores. One nice thing about using butter over spreads is you do use less because of the intense flavor so it does last me much longer.

03-01-2011 10:10 AM
Kitstar
Administrator

Group: Administrators

We don't eat a lot of butter and even less when we're at home, mainly because the butter in the midwest or south east just tastes waaaay better. Of course the cheesecake factory has some really yummy tasting butter. Grin I've noticed that about the Amish, they charge a premium on all their products..Maybe because they know their products are in demand.

I picked up a lb of store brand butter but it wasn't very much less, if it comes down to it I can do without butter though.

~A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.~
-Gerald Ford-
03-01-2011 10:29 AM
shelle39
Uber BoomFoxer

Kitstar Wrote:
is 4.12 a lb here now. Pullhair-vi

If gas prices and the stupid feds keep printing money dropping it's value butter will be 6 dollars a pound by Christmas. Aargh Badword

03-01-2011 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lucy Ashes
Super BoomFoxer

Group: PP

I'll just have to pay through the nose because I can't live without butter.

03-03-2011 01:05 PM
whoosieme
Uber BoomFoxer

I found more at 2.49 a pack....now i have a freezed shelf devoted to butter....sigh.

03-03-2011 10:27 PM
Kitstar
Administrator

whoosieme Wrote:
I found more at 2.49 a pack....now i have a freezed shelf devoted to butter....sigh.

Oh, so you CAN freeze it? I found some today for 2.49 another store brand but what can you do, at least it wasn't 4.12. Grin The 4.12 one was at wal mart, land of "low" prices. Eyes I hate going to wal mart anymore and rarely do but they sell the only dog food my doglets will eat.

~A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.~
-Gerald Ford-
03-04-2011 12:27 PM
Lucy Ashes
Super BoomFoxer

Group: PP

I stocked up on butter at $2.35 today. Organic was $3.29, about the same as usual.

03-05-2011 01:21 PM
Kitstar
Administrator

Lucy Ashes Wrote:
I stocked up on butter at $2.35 today. Organic was $3.29, about the same as usual.

Sheesh, you guys have some pretty good prices out there. What are eggs going for now where you are? Here they are about 1.69 a doz and up and that's for medium which are actually small. Eyes

-Gerald Ford-
03-06-2011 02:50 PM
whoosieme
Uber BoomFoxer

Egg prices yoyo too much to say an exact price. I did pick up several cartons of Egglands Best organic eggs last week for $1.39 a doz....and that was at the same small mom&pop where i got the cheap butter.
Im still in shock that you Gagmart charged over $4.00 for butter.....so much for the big savings.

03-06-2011 11:15 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites