Post Reply  Post Thread 
Chicken noodle casserole, my version
Kitstar
Administrator

Group: Administrators
Chicken noodle casserole, my version

This is sooooo good and the main reason I like it is because my husband likes it. Confetti9-29

1, 16 oz bag of egg noodles, cooked till tender.

2, 12.5 oz cans of chicken breast, like tuna cans only bigger, drained but reserve the liquid.

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2 cans of peas

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

sprinkling of pepper if desired

Take the liquid from the chicken and add enough water to make two cups, you can use milk if you want to but I don't see any need, before I started using the liquid from the chicken I was using chicken broth and throwing away the liquid from the canned chicken but a light bulb went off this last time and I just started to use the liquid since it has a good flavor..Anyhoo, whisk the liquid into the two cans of cream of chicken soup until it's all blended, pour the liquid slowly into the soup and whisk it each time you add it. After that pour it over the noodles and add everything else to the bowl and stir in until all is mixed really well then pour everything into a 9 X 13 casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 45 to 60 minutes and voila! Confetti9-29 You can also sprinkle the top with more cheese if you want but I never see the need for that either, unless I wanted to impress guests. ;)

You can cut it in half if you don't want too many left overs. :)

12-01-2016 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whoosieme
Uber BoomFoxer

Group: Registered
RE: Chicken noodle casserole, my version

So easy. Sounds good for those cold wet winter days.

12-01-2016 08:51 AM
Kitstar
Administrator

Group: Administrators
RE: Chicken noodle casserole, my version

whoosieme Wrote:
So easy. Sounds good for those cold wet winter days.

I'm just surprised at how much my hub likes it, he usually gets tired of food after he's had it a couple of times, I think that's just so I wont get too lazy. Eyes

12-04-2016 05:07 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites